General Terms and Conditions for Marston’s Brewery Christmas Shopping Prize Draw
Prize: Marston’s Brewery is giving one customer the chance to win a year’s supply of beer.
The Prize shall be limited to a maximum of 1 x 500ml bottle of beer per day for 12 consecutive calendar months and the Promoter (defined below) shall select such beer at its sole discretion. The winner will not be able to influence what prize they receive.
Opening Date/Time: 16.00 30th Nov 2017
Closing Date/Time: 23:59 31st Dec 2017
Any entry Criteria: Entries will via the Marston’s Brewery online shop and the Marston’s Brewery Shobnall Road brewery shop. Any customer who has spent £25 or more in either or both of the shops during the above period will be entered into the draw. Winner announced 5th Jan 2018.
- The Promoter is Marston’s PLC (company number 00031461) (trading as Marston’s Brewery, with its registered office at Marston’s House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton WV1 4JT (the “Promoter“).
- This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland) aged 18 or over, except for employees/directors of the Promoter, such employees/directors’ immediate families/households or anyone else professionally involved with this promotion.
- This is a physical and an online promotion and internet access is required to participate. To enter, you must spend £25 or more in the Marston’s Brewery online shop (https://www.marstonsbrewery.co.uk/shop/) (the “Website”) between the 30th Nov 2017 (16:00) and 31 Dec 2017 (23:59) or via the Shobnall Road Marston’s Brewery store in Burton-Upon-Trent.
- The Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and no cash equivalent is available.
- Whilst the Promoter will make every effort to honour the advertised prize(s), the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any prize with an alternative of a similar value if circumstances dictate this.
Prize Draw Winners
- After the closing date the Prize winner will be selected by a random generator based on the clear criteria as per the entry requirements from all complete, eligible and properly submitted entries received. The winning entrant will receive their prizes on the date specified or within 28 days of notification of being successful.
Limits on the Promoter’s responsibilities and Indemnities
- The winner agrees to be fully responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and/or tax liabilities incurred in claiming and using the prizes.
- The winner will be notified using the contact details they submitted on the Website. The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to contact the winning entrants to arrange for the delivery of the prize, but if there is no response within 14 days, or the contact details are invalid, the Promoter reserves the right to (randomly) re-allocate the prize without liability to the first winner.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for losses, failures or delays relating to circumstances beyond its reasonable control including (but not limited to) acts of God, war, strikes, disputes or the acts or defaults of any supplier of the prizes.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury to an entrant that is not reasonably foreseeable. The Promoter’s responsibility for any damage, loss or injury to an entrant under these terms and conditions or otherwise in connection with the promotion shall be limited to the value of the prize won by the entrant.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit entrants’ ability to participate in the promotion. The Promoter does not guarantee that the Website will be operational on any specific device or system or that it will be error free or available all the time.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from entry into the promotion or a winner’s acceptance and/or use of the prize.
- The Promoter will be liable for any death or personal injury arising from its negligence. Nothing in these terms and conditions will exclude that liability or any other liability, which it is not lawful to exclude.
- Each entrant will indemnify (and will keep indemnified) the Promoter and its affiliates against all costs, claims, losses, damages, expenses (including legal expenses) or other liability arising as a result of a breach of the set terms and conditions, negligence or any other action which imposes an unreasonable burden on the Website including (but not limited to) the use of software robots.
- The winning entrant agrees to participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the Promoter without recompense.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The name and county of the main prize winner can be obtained for up to 6 months following the closing date by sending a self-addressed envelope to the Promoter’s address set out above citing the name of the promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to eliminate or disqualify any entries or entrants who the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing are in breach of these conditions.
- The Website may contain links to other websites, including those belonging to the Promoter’s partners. These links are provided for convenience and are not under the control of the Promoter and as such we make no warranty, either expressed or implied, concerning the content of such sites including claims of infringement or that such sites are devoid of viruses or error free.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the prize draw or amend these terms and conditions without prior notice at any time, for whatever reason, and without liability to any entrants for doing so. Please check these terms and conditions regularly as any changes are effective immediately upon posting to the Website.
- The rights and remedies of the Promoter under these terms and conditions are without prejudice to its rights under the law.
- These terms and conditions shall not create any rights or benefits enforceable by any third party by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- These terms and conditions are made under English law. Any dispute or claim that an entrant or the Promoter brings in relation to or in connection with these terms and conditions or the promotion will be decided on the basis of English law by the English courts alone.
- It is not the intention of this promotion in any way to encourage people to consume excessive amounts of alcohol. The Promoter encourages responsible drinking and directs all entrants to read www.drinkaware.co.uk for more information.
- If you have any questions or comments regarding this promotion, or these terms, please contact us at the above address or using the “Contact Us” section of the Website. Please clearly state the name of the promotion.