Terms & Conditions
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR MARSTON’S CAPTAIN CLUB TICKETS PROMOTION IN CONJUCTION WITH DERBY COUNTY FOOTBALL CLUB
The Prize: 2 x tickets to the Sky Bet Championship Derby County verses Huddersfield Town football match on 15 February 2020 (the “Event”) held at Pride Park Stadium, Derby, DE24 8XL (the “Stadium”). The tickets offer access to the Captain’s Club Suite at the Stadium (normal operating conditions and opening times apply) at the Event which includes:
- Seats for two persons (seats are unreserved and offered on a first-come, first served basis);
- Pre-Event buffet menu for two persons (drinks not included);
- Event full-time desert station, cheese and biscuits for two persons; and
- 1 x team sheet.
Opening Date/Time: 17:45:01 on 31/01/20.
Closing Date/Time: 19:45:00 on 31/01/20.
No. of Entries: Only one entry per person.
Any entry Criteria: This promotion is open to entrants aged 18 or over. To enter, simply complete the promotional form on the Marston’s Brewery website here www.marstonsbrewery.co.uk/captainsclubpromo) (the “Website”) or via the Beer Fender iPad operated by the Promoter at the Stadium on 31 January 2020.
- The Promoter is Marston’s PLC (company number 00031461) (trading as Marston’s Beer Company) with its registered office at Marston’s House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton WV1 4JT (the “Promoter“).
- This promotion is run in conjunction with The Derby County Football Club Limited (company number 00049139) of Pride Park Stadium, Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL (the “Third Party Sponsor”) & Think Incorporated Limited (company number 04923692) of 25 Dunster Close, Kings Norton, Birmingham, West Midlands, B30 3RY (the “Administrator”).
- This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over, except for employees/directors of the Promoter, such employees/directors’ immediate families/households or anyone else professionally involved with this promotion.
- This is an online promotion; internet access is required to participate. Entrants will be required to include their full name and email address on the entry form. Only fully completed entries will be considered.
- Entries must be completed prior to the Closing Date/Time.
- Only one entry per person. Any entrant attempting to circumvent this rule by using alternative details including, but not limited to, completing multiple forms, will be disqualified from this promotion. Entries made from trade, consumer groups or related third parties will not be accepted.
- Entrants must not use a false name or email or provide any false information when entering into this promotion.
- There is no purchase necessary.
- Entrants may only enter the promotion via the Website entry form and entries by email, post or facsimile will not be accepted.
- Any entries which have been submitted using scripts, automated systems, collaborative practices or via a third party for commercial gain will be deemed invalid.
- Entrants may only enter the promotion, for personal non-commercial use only.
The Prize and Winning Entrant
- Please refer to the promotional page on the Website or contact the Promoter (see clause 41) for details of the Prize on offer.
- After the Closing Date/Time, or on the date specified, the winning entrant will be randomly selected by the Administrator (independently supervised) from all complete, eligible and properly submitted entries received. For the avoidance of doubt, only one winning entrant will be selected.
- The winning entrant will be notified via the email address provided on the entry with details on how to claim the Prize.
- The winning entrant will receive the Prize on the date specified or within 7 working days of notification of being successful.
- The Prize will be available for collection from the Stadium however in some circumstances the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, be able to arrange for the Prize to be posted to the winning entrant in advance of the Event – please contact the Promoter.
- The Prize is non-refundable and no cash equivalent is available. In some circumstances, the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, transfer all or part of the Prize to a family member of the winner. Such circumstances may include (but are not limited to) the Prize being inappropriate for the age or health of the winning entrant or no longer being available for circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control. In such circumstances, the Promoter may require the winner to provide written confirmation of waiver of their entitlement and/or written acceptance from any transferee to comply with these terms and conditions.
- The Prize will be supplied by the Third Party Sponsor and is offered subject to the Third Party Sponsor’s terms and conditions, which can be accessed by contacting the Third Party Sponsor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Whilst the Promoter will make every effort to honour the advertised Prize, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any prize with an alternative of a similar value if circumstances dictate this.
- For the avoidance of doubt, if the winning entrant is a Derby County Football Club season ticket holder or the winning entrant has previously purchased standard tickets to the Event, the Promoter and the Third Party Sponsor shall not be liable to refund such tickets.
Data Protection and Privacy
- In accordance with the current guidelines that govern promotions in the UK, if you are the winning entrant, we may publish, or make available on request, information that confirms an award took place – that is your surname, county and, if applicable, the entry itself. You have the right to object, or to ask for less information to be made available. If you wish to object, or if you have any questions or comments regarding data and privacy, please contact our data team by emailing DataSecurityInformation@marstons.co.uk
- If you are the winning entrant, we may wish to use your personal data to announce the winner and for reasonable promotional purposes connected to the promotion. Again, if you wish to object, please contact the data team.
Limits on the Promoter’s responsibilities and Indemnities
- The winning entrant agrees to be fully responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and/or tax liabilities incurred in claiming and using the Prize. The Promoter will not be responsible for any loss or injury resulting from entry into the promotion or a winner’s acceptance of the Prize.
- The winning entrant will be notified via the email address from which the entry was received. The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to contact the winning entrant to arrange for the delivery of the Prize, but if there is no response within 7 days, or the contact details are invalid, the Promoter reserves the right to (randomly) re-allocate the Prize without liability to the first winner.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for losses, failures or delays relating to circumstances beyond its reasonable control including (but not limited to) acts of God, war, strikes, disputes, third party website or platforms (including social media) not in its direct control or the acts or defaults of any supplier of the prizes.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury to an entrant that is not reasonably foreseeable. The Promoter’s responsibility for any damage, loss or injury to an entrant under these terms and conditions or otherwise in connection with the promotion shall be limited to the value of the Prize won by the entrant.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit entrants’ ability to participate in the promotion.
- The Promoter will be liable for any death or personal injury arising from its negligence. Nothing in these terms and conditions will exclude that liability or any other liability, which it is not lawful to exclude.
- Each entrant will indemnify (and will keep indemnified) the Promoter and its affiliates against all costs, claims, losses, damages, expenses (including legal expenses) or other liability arising as a result of a breach of these terms and conditions, negligence.
- The winning entrant agrees to participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the Promoter without recompense.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Subject to clause 22, the name and county of the winning entrant can be obtained for up to 6 months following the Closing Date/Time by sending a self-addressed envelope to the Promoter’s address set out above citing the name of the promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to eliminate or disqualify any entries or entrants who the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing are in breach of these conditions.
- Any website operated by the Promoter may contain links to other websites, including those belonging to the Promoter’s partners. These links are provided for convenience and are not under the control of the Promoter and as such we make no warranty, either expressed or implied, concerning the content of such sites including claims of infringement or that such sites are devoid of viruses or error free.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel this promotion or amend these terms and conditions without prior notice at any time, for whatever reason, and without liability to any entrants for doing so. Please check these terms and conditions regularly as any changes are effective immediately upon posting to the Website.
- The rights and remedies of the Promoter under these terms and conditions are without prejudice to its rights under the law. These terms and conditions shall not create any rights or benefits enforceable by any third party by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- These terms and conditions are made under English law. Any dispute or claim that an entrant or the Promoter brings in relation to or in connection with these terms and conditions or the promotion will be decided on the basis of English law by the English courts alone.
- It is not the intention of this promotion in any way to encourage people to consume excessive amounts of alcohol. The Promoter encourages responsible drinking. For the facts, visit drinkaware.co.uk
- If you have any questions or comments regarding this promotion, or these terms, please contact us at the above address or using the “Contact Us” section of http://www.marstons.co.uk/. Please clearly state the name of the promotion.